Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Late June - Early July


Still catching up. Sister Parkerson ( I strongly Suspect) had something major to do with a marathon effort to have me receive 60 birthday cards for my 60th birthday. It was almost a complete success.. I actually got 58 birthday cards. Oh how I wouldn't mind being 58 again or better still 48! I have told some that I feel like a 30 year old mind trapped in a 60 year old body. I feel like a healthy strong construction worker in an old house that is starting to fall down around me.....

Well we have this assignment for the rest of the summer to keep the lawns mowed at the old farm house which the church owns adjacent to the HCVC. I am getting a little proficient at running one of these zero turn lawnmowers. So like Tom Sawyer I figured its time to share the fun. I had a bit of a job convincing her to get on it. Actually I had the wisdom and foresight to actually have her drive it around for a little bit before showing her how to activate
the mower deck...........
She now loves to drive it and I almost have to fight her to get my turn....
Sister Parkerson and Sister Huffacker were going to have a 2,500psi squirt gun fight but decided it would be more fun to pressure wash the outside of the Palmyra Temple.

They really enjoy working together. They really are like a couple of sisters.
They spent the whole day washing just one side of the temple.

They both took turns holding this stool down!










We both ( of course she's the one taking the pictures as usual) had an assignment to install lawn edging around the flower beds in front to the Hill Cumorah Visitors Center ( HCVC) so that the dirt wouldn't run all over the sidewalk.






After a good workout the zero turn mowers need to have the blades sharpened. We have this really neat mineature lift that can be used to put heavy stuff up over your head for working on it.






Sisters Huffacker and Parkerson enjoy gardening, planting, watering and tending the beautiful gardens around the Smith Farm, the Yellow Mills Farm house, and our garden behind the Harris House. They also work on some plantings around the Harris House, the Temple, and other areas.














Tomato plants at the Yellow Mills Farm where the Huffackers live.







This is the farm garden near the Joseph Smith Log Home on the Smith Farm property. We all worked on planting it with plants that the Huffackers started in February. Almost every visitor stop and admires these gardens.
Every missionary that you can talk to will tell you that theirs is the best mission in the whole church. Well they are all wrong. Sister Parkerson and I have the best mission in the whole church.










No comments:

Post a Comment